DX  » Community » Reviews » Multi-Function Shoulder Rig for DSLR Cameras - Black + Blue
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
For the price, it's hard to beat! – Multi-Function Shoulder Rig for DSLR Cameras - Black + Blue Reviews

posted by logozo on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It is an extremely flexible, well built, and light rig to use with a DSLR or prosumer camcorder. I use it with a Canon 60D and it works pretty well for shoulder work (much better than handheld). Allows much better stability and provides alternative grips for your camera. Possible to attach few accessories on the handles (there are some 1/8" threads).
Cons:
The handles for the articulated joints are somewhat loose, and flimsy. I'm sure that if I screw them tight enough by hand, they'd crack, and I'm afraid that over time, some threads might get looser (it's cheaper than a Shape equivalent rig for a reason... ). Definetly only for light camera load. Forget heavy long lenses and lots of attachments (monitor, sound recorder, microphone), it's not heavy enough and stiff enough. Longer to setup than more expensive rig.
Other:
Perfect for no-sound (or dual system with a soundman) shoulder or two-handed handheld camera work. Perfect for DSLRs, 4/3 and small camcorders.
Bottomline:
Definetly recommended if you have room in your accessory case, or if you do really light video work. Could help give much better look to material shot with compact camera. Bought it when it was 85$, now it's even much better value.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections