DX  » Community » Reviews » Car Windshield 360 Degree Rotation Swivel Mount Holder for Samsung I9000 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Pretty decent holder, could lose the bendy arm – Car Windshield 360 Degree Rotation Swivel Mount Holder for Samsung I9000 - Black Reviews

posted by zero10 on 07/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The mount fits my phone perfectly. The camera cutout is properly positioned, the mic is not covered, headphones and a USB cable can be plugged in while the phone is clipped into the mount. The suction cup on the arm sticks to clean glass very well The flexible arm does not flop around once positioned
Cons:
The flexible arm is very stiff, which makes its vibration frequency quite high. This means it doesn't flop around on you but if you are trying to record video while you drive the bumps on the road will make your camera vibrate massively When sticking the suction cup to surfaces that are less smooth than glass it tends to lose suction after a couple hours to a day
Other:
I bought this mount in combination with another one: SKU 81053 I switched the phone clip off this mount with the universal holder from the other one to make a locking ball style mount that fits the i9000. In my opinion this is the best setup, it is very stable and strong, then with some light sanding/cutting you can fit the universal holder on the flexible arm and give it to somebody else for them to use.
Bottomline:
Much cheaper than anything I could have bought locally and in combination with a second mount I was able to build exactly what I wanted.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections