DX  » Community » Reviews » 3.5" Internal PCI-E to USB 3.0 Host + All-in-1 Card Reader Combo
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8310 (83%)
  • 4 Star:172 (17%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Front Panel USB3.0 Multi-card Reader

posted by bcsuan on 01/23/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - relatively easy to install - multi-card reader works right out of the box - 4 fast USB 3.0 ports - green LED card indicator is nice - nice front panel chassis design
    Cons:
    - an always-on red LED is annoying - back panel plate didn't fit quite right - the driver CD with the VIA_XHCI_Driver_V4.20B ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product for damaged Motherboard USB ports

posted by Capricor on 04/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Sleek and stylish appearance. Good for PC without USB 3.0 ports. Good to have multiple media card reader. Easy to use. Lifespan unsure as it is the 1-2 days of use. Good lED indicators for both power (red) and using of card reader (green). Low temperature a...
    Cons:
    Card reader hub is still using USB 2.0. Althought my motherboard USB 2.0 chipset died, I can use the USB 2.0 from the PCI USB 2...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cool device, I like it.

posted by praporshick on 08/31/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Built-in PCI-Express USB 3.0 Reads MicroSD without adapter LED activity indicator
    Cons:
    May not fit all chassis. LED power indicator may be annoying and works even if PC is down.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works good but not with everything.

posted by Sonicmixmaster on 08/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Quality is superb! The actual PCIe x1 connector came with a bracket that can be screwed in for a sturdy and unmovable connection. The USB 3.0 ports work fast and seem to be reliable.
    Cons:
    I am not very happy that the device needs 3 separate connections to be made to work. and the old style molex connector needed i...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Seems great!

posted by wkim75 on 04/11/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Simple to install. Someone said it doesn't fit well into the 3.5" bay.. like all devices (usually HD's) going into those bays, if you've tightly screwed in other devices, it should be loosened first prior to trying to install the newer device into the ...
    Cons:
    Yes, the LED is a bit bright.. Someone said the new mounting bracket makes it impossible to install correctly.. This is true.....
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Great!

posted by furegato on 03/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Good Price - Built quality is good - 4 USB 3.0 ports is really nice! - The speed tested is incredible with USB 3.0 external drive. Works as fast as an internal drive!
    Cons:
    - The Card reader in some cases is slower that expected. Just a little bit and just in some cases but it happens. - The LED is ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good thing

posted by ruslanbes on 03/02/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Four USB 3.0 ports on the front panel. That is very very cool. Card-Reader works out of the box. USB 3.0 Driver was installed without any problems (Win 7 x64).
    Cons:
    1. New version with backplate had a problem described in here: http://club.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.dx/threadid.1127088 . ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Problems in instalation

posted by Arabian123 on 11/03/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good quality and good product. The idea of an easy USB 3.0 upgrade is very nice. Very good price.
    Cons:
    I'm experiencing some problems in instalation. The computer don't recognize it and I can't install the drivers to use the produ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Wonderful item!

posted by International on 10/21/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The build quality of this product seems to be better than expected! It's actually well made! The installation of the item went quite well and installing the drivers from the included dvd went smoothly. The cables are somewhat of a perfect length. I'm using ...
    Cons:
    The red "power" LED is very bright and stays lit up after the PC is powered off (unless the power supply is deconnect...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good upgrade

posted by akkar on 10/11/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Makes it possible to get increased USB speeds without USB 3.0 support on the mainboard. I had problems copying from USB disks to USB sticks (machine wouold freeze and it'd take forever), but now transfer speeds are around 2 - 10 Mb/s (which is a huge improv...
    Cons:
    Not always responding (needs a pc restart) when I put in a USB stick. A bit tight to fit it in my 2.5" slot. Had to put my...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections