View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice open source oscilloscope ! – DS-203 3.0" LCD Pocket Mini Oscilloscope Reviews

posted by ATN22 on 08/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-It as most of the function of a desktop oscilloscope. (Automatic measurment of: Frame/sec, Vbatt, Vpp, Vdc, RMS, min, max, frq, cir, duty cycle, TH, TL, ch.A+ch.B, ch.A-ch.B, ch.C or ch.D, ch.C and ch.D, triggering on rinsing/falling, Vth .....) -It is very portable (small and light weight) -It is open source!!! -It is updatable. -The sample rate is more than enough for most electronic application. (I have mesured signals up to 8 MHz without problems) -There is an integrated function generator going from 10Hz to 8MHz (ie. an output that can be reprogramed to send test signals to another device ... Again, it is open souce!!!) -One can put up to 4 differents programs at the same time in the device.
Cons:
-There is no manuals with the device, but one can find manuals on the internet. -The interface and the buttons functions are a little complicated at first, but on get used to it in a matter of minutes. -I didn't found any XY ploting option, but it is open source, so I can make one! -I didn't found any FFT option ... but again, it's open source! -It only comes with one probe and one digital cable. I had to buy spare "MCX Probe Kit (X1 X10) for DSO Quad" , spare "Digital probe for DSO Quad" and some "BNC to MCX Converter". Posting rules doesn't allow me to tell where, but if one does a little research on the web, they are not very hard to find. It could be nice if DX sold them too!
Other:
It comes with the SYSTEM version 1.40 and the APP version 2.42. I upgraded it to SYS 1.50 and APP 2.50.
Bottomline:
-If one is looking for a simple small oscilloscope and is ready to pay a little more, this is a very good buy. -If one is looking for an open source device wich can be transformed into almost anything from mini video game console to in the field customised debugging device for your products ... This is a freaking awesome buy!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections