• Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great tool! – DS-203 3.0" LCD Pocket Mini Oscilloscope Reviews

posted by avk999 on 02/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Works perfectly. I've got HW revision 2.70 and the latest software. Probes are fine and very convenient, esp. the one with the Y-connector. On seedstudio you can find alternative software and additional apps, I recommend Logic Analyzer and PAWN/USB protocol analyzer. Also you can find app for FFT, can be useful sometimes.
Cons:
Not really a con, but packaging was very flimsy - just a plain cardboard box that got crushed in the mail. However the device is intact and works perfectly. Device is not calibrated, probes are not compensated - can be easily done. No documentation was sent, but it is available on seedstudio site. User interface took some time to get used to, but anyway it's opensource, don't like it - fix it!
Other:
I'm going to order additional probes to get full use of all channels. Voltage limits are not clear, looks like up to 80V for A and B channels (analog) and up to 10 V for C and D (digital) channels.
Bottomline:
If you do electronics or car repairs - buy it without hesitation. I have RIGOL DS105, but this one is sometimes more convenient, due to the size and logical analyzer.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections