View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Great product for Sunday's Electricians – DS-203 3.0" LCD Pocket Mini Oscilloscope Reviews

posted by Rascafr007 on 09/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
- It's tiny and cute ; fit perfectly in a pocket - Came with two probes (x1/x10 for high frequency signals and another one for use with a breadboard) - It's OPEN-SOURCE ! You can easely find examples of code and compilator to customize your DSO (Add XY mode, FFT view, increase performances, or play Snake...) - LCD Screen is very bright, and there is a buzzer inside of the product - You can save waveforms in a lot of formats : BMP, CSV (to use with Excel) - Autonomy is very good due to the high capacity battery (1000 mAh) - The DSO seems to be built with high quality materials. - The signals generator can produce a lot a kind of waveforms, up to 8 MHz - You can setup logical operations between the two digital inputs (AND, OR), and mathematical operations between the two analogs inputs (+, -) - The Trigger works pretty well !
Cons:
- Like I said before, the device is very tiny. For me it's an advantage, but others people may not like it. - The probes connectors are not as common as true oscilloscope connectors. Maybe DX should sell some adaptators. - The signal pin inside the probes connector is very skinny and can twist easily. - I have not received the USB cable that was mentioned on the page.
Other:
If you need to know what's happening in a circuit, this device is for you ! Of course, for the price, you cannot expect the performances of a true digital oscilloscope, but remember that the DSO is 10 times less expensive ! Documentation says it's able to get signals up to 72 MHz, but in reality, this number is the rate of samples / seconds. So I prefer to say that the max frequency of a signal to be analysed is ~10Mhz. Maybe the device can be delivered without calibration. Don't worry, there is a automatic calibration mode in the setup menu :)
Bottomline:
If you dream of sinusoidal waveforms all of the night, don't wait anymore : BUY IT ! You will not regret it ! :)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections