Great product for Sunday's Electricians – DS-203 3.0" LCD Pocket Mini Oscilloscope Reviews
posted by Rascafr007 on 09/22/2013
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- It's tiny and cute ; fit perfectly in a pocket
- Came with two probes (x1/x10 for high frequency signals and another one for use with a breadboard)
- It's OPEN-SOURCE ! You can easely find examples of code and compilator to customize your DSO (Add XY mode, FFT view, increase performances, or play Snake...)
- LCD Screen is very bright, and there is a buzzer inside of the product
- You can save waveforms in a lot of formats : BMP, CSV (to use with Excel)
- Autonomy is very good due to the high capacity battery (1000 mAh)
- The DSO seems to be built with high quality materials.
- The signals generator can produce a lot a kind of waveforms, up to 8 MHz
- You can setup logical operations between the two digital inputs (AND, OR), and mathematical operations between the two analogs inputs (+, -)
- The Trigger works pretty well !
- Like I said before, the device is very tiny. For me it's an advantage, but others people may not like it.
- The probes connectors are not as common as true oscilloscope connectors. Maybe DX should sell some adaptators.
- The signal pin inside the probes connector is very skinny and can twist easily.
- I have not received the USB cable that was mentioned on the page.
If you need to know what's happening in a circuit, this device is for you ! Of course, for the price, you cannot expect the performances of a true digital oscilloscope, but remember that the DSO is 10 times less expensive !
Documentation says it's able to get signals up to 72 MHz, but in reality, this number is the rate of samples / seconds. So I prefer to say that the max frequency of a signal to be analysed is ~10Mhz.
Maybe the device can be delivered without calibration. Don't worry, there is a automatic calibration mode in the setup menu :)
If you dream of sinusoidal waveforms all of the night, don't wait anymore : BUY IT ! You will not regret it ! :)
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.