DX  » Community » Reviews » USB Programming Cable for Kenwood/WouXun/PuXing/QuanSheng Walkie Talkie
Sort by:
25 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6015 (60%)
  • 4 Star:369 (36%)
  • 3 Star:41 (4%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Massive Time Saver!

posted by camf3498 on 01/26/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This cable has saved me so much time for programming my Baofeng UV-5r. The whole process was effortless and was a breeze to set up. The cable has plug and play because I just plugged the cable into my computers USB port and Windows 8 automatically installed...
    Cons:
    None at all!
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    used with baofeng uv-b5 and chirp

posted by dixier1337 on 11/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    cable seems sufficiently coated and sturdy. supports multiple makes of transceivers supports multiple radio software included driver cd however it wasn't needed with win7.
    Cons:
    just one tiny little area that seems like a weak link, between the usb connector and the end of the string connected to it. if ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good, but needs correct drivers

posted by andresnick on 11/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Does what it has to do, good price! Works brilliantly with XP and Baofeng UV-5R. CHIRP software works good on Baofeng!
    Cons:
    Driver needs to be searched from internet, the driver on attached CD does not work with XP. Attached software on CD is not work...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Absolutely nessecary for programming UV-R5

posted by maartenpas on 10/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This programming cable makes programming your handy very easy. Without it programming your devices usually is very hard. Its necessary for handy's like the BAOFENG UV-5R radioi because pregramming without this is near to impossible.
    Cons:
    None really. Read that some people really have difficulty installing the cable (since it has a built in usb-to-serial chip in i...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works perfectly!

posted by Tacheon on 07/25/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This device has a Prolific chipset. It is instantly recognized by Win 7, and does not require any other setup. This was tested with a Baofeng UV-5RE. It worked perfectly with the freely downloadable CHIRP software. It makes programming channels and set...
    Cons:
    None.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Reasonable product

posted by AndyR89 on 06/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to connect and install. Seems like good quality materials used. Software runs on most operating systems and speeds of machines despite other manufacturers claiming THEIR software runs better on older machines
    Cons:
    Not easy to pick correct radio model, lack of instructions make it fiddly to programme channels once model IS found
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Barato e de ótima qualidade

posted by flaviofabri on 06/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Ótimo produto e de baixo preço. Comprei para programar o Baofeng UV 5 que adquiri aqui no Deal Extreme. Mesmo sem nunca ter feito isto, baixei o programa, após pesquisa de cinco minutos na internet e programei o rádio sem qualquer proble...
    Cons:
    Absolutamente nada. Aprendi a programar o rádio Baofeng assisntindo a um vídeo e baixando o programa de graça na...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good solution for programming your HAM radio

posted by janeku on 05/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good manufacturing of usb cable. Good drivers (latest), work good with Win7. Easy installed almost in a 3 mins.
    Cons:
    Not working on Albrecht HAM Radio (model DB 271). It supposed to work on Wouxun series (that means as far as i know, it is the ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Used on BaoFeng UV-5RC

posted by skyking2 on 03/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works great was up and running in less than 5 minutes! I had already preloaded the latest version of Chirp 3.0.0 having Windows 7 it found the drivers and uploaded them went to port 3. Cable looks well made.
    Cons:
    I would be dubious of the driver mini disk they give you as I heard there could be Trojans and malware on it plus the drivers a...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I am use it with UV-5R

posted by izakcz on 03/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I am use it with BAOFENG UV-5R and work perfect. I use GNU program chirp http://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Home under Linux and this cable work perfect.
    Cons:
    NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE NONE
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections