DX  » Community » Reviews » 12V 3A Regulated Switching Power Supply (100~240V)
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:866 (86%)
  • 4 Star:141 (14%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    reliable aluminium case PSU

posted by eftodi on 11/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to mount cable on terminal with good screw contact. Well ventilated aluminium case Small and compact unit that can easily be mouted anywere and kept hidden. mouting brakets are available, so you don't have to buy enternal mounting box.
    Cons:
    the 220volt terminal contacts are left half way open. a plastic protection should have been provided.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good purchase

posted by f11lbert on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Just like such an items on dx.com. We have the very same items (I think from the same factory) locally just twice a more expensive. And I did not deeply research the scheme but I think that the cons from previous review here just wrong - you do not need any...
    Cons:
    No cons at all. Of cause I would not place it where children can reach it - the contacts are pretty safe, they covered with tra...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Power supply. High Quality

posted by panholero on 01/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Output voltage is very stable and low ripple. It has a small trimpot to adjust the output voltage. On normal operation for several hours no heat is appreciable. Very small compact design.
    Cons:
    No fuse. So you need to add an external fuse to prevent damage on power supply in case of short circuit.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nive 12V power unit

posted by Jonte101 on 11/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Nice aluminium case makes it light weight and easy to mount on the wall. The AC input terminals are easy to connect, and the 12 V DC terminals are likewise easy to connect. There is a tuning screw to adjust to very accurate output voltage.
    Cons:
    Unsafe - be causious of where you install this unit!The terminals for the AC input power is not protected sufficiently, so a ch...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Power suplly 12 v

posted by vallemarc on 07/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This source is very polished, its compact and robust, brings a balanced voltage 12 V, current of 3000MA comes pretty close. The input and output plugs are good quality and serves the various electronic applications. Can be used in various equipment sold in...
    Cons:
    have little to say about this source, the output and input plugs could be more well finished, with short to avoid risk and dam...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice product

posted by beezee on 05/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Well made, good quality feel. Output voltage can be fine tuned (on my unit) from 11 to 12.4V. Voltage stays constant for up to 2.5A and will drop slightly, but not unreasonably when drawing more. I took 4A for half an hour, voltage dropped to 11 V but the u...
    Cons:
    Can't think of cons.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Power supply does what it supposed to do

posted by grum31fr on 03/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    The built quality seems quite good. The case is made of aluminium. So the weigh is low. mine was right labelled. You can adjust the power voltage to feet to your riquerements. The led tels you if the unit is powered. But the light is a bit strong but it's ...
    Cons:
    Beware the 220 plugs are not covered. For secutity purpose you need to hide this part. I would like to have a "sexy" cover to h...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections