Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
* Cellphone is easy to place in the holder
* Cool open action on the holder/grip
* Bottom sliplock, that keeps the phone from falling from the bottom, doesn't lock in place
* Padding hits camera button on most phones, can't tighten the grip to hold the phone in place
* Because of the former, your phone will fall out from the top when cornering
* There's no lock to prevent the 360° turnable ball from turning all the time. You CAN however lock the top holder and the mount from turning, but what good is that for?
* Phone holder and the thing that you mount on your bicycle don't lock together, they come apart just by gravity alone or slight vibration (are we supposed to use these in outer space?)
After fiddling with the thing, I decided to FIX IT. How? Get sku # 632 and melt a big old blob of glue on the moving parts to fix them permanently in place (not the grips/handles that hold the phone in place) so that they can't move and the top part can't come off the bottom part. I used a simple rubber band to prevent the phone from falling out from the top, works great. I also bought the other bicycle mounts found on DX. SKUs 72946 and 44243, but this is the best of the bunch... and that's not saying much.
I bet I could build a better one myself. At least it's better than nothing... if you fix it.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.