DX  » Community » Reviews » Plastic Bicycle Swivel Mount Holder for Iphone/Nokia/Samsung/Sony Ericsson
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 1
  • Usefulness: 3
360 degrees fahrenheit – Plastic Bicycle Swivel Mount Holder for iPhone/Nokia/Samsung/Sony Ericsson Reviews

posted by mmany2 on 08/22/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
* Cellphone is easy to place in the holder * Cool open action on the holder/grip
Cons:
* Bottom sliplock, that keeps the phone from falling from the bottom, doesn't lock in place * Padding hits camera button on most phones, can't tighten the grip to hold the phone in place * Because of the former, your phone will fall out from the top when cornering * There's no lock to prevent the 360° turnable ball from turning all the time. You CAN however lock the top holder and the mount from turning, but what good is that for? * Phone holder and the thing that you mount on your bicycle don't lock together, they come apart just by gravity alone or slight vibration (are we supposed to use these in outer space?)
Other:
After fiddling with the thing, I decided to FIX IT. How? Get sku # 632 and melt a big old blob of glue on the moving parts to fix them permanently in place (not the grips/handles that hold the phone in place) so that they can't move and the top part can't come off the bottom part. I used a simple rubber band to prevent the phone from falling out from the top, works great. I also bought the other bicycle mounts found on DX. SKUs 72946 and 44243, but this is the best of the bunch... and that's not saying much.
Bottomline:
I bet I could build a better one myself. At least it's better than nothing... if you fix it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections