DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini DVB-T Digital TV USB 2.0 Dongle with Remote Controller
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Works well in New Zealand – Mini DVB-T Digital TV USB 2.0 Dongle with Remote Controller Reviews

posted by mekstone on 10/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
With this particular model there is this cable that connects from the USB dongle to the Antenna Coax. which i found useful to connect to the antenna on the roof
Lets u pause and record live HD tv
Works well with windows XP
comes with a cool lil remote
Cons:
The antenna which comes with the pack is really weak and if u are on the outskirts of the city like me u wont get any reception, not much of a con but just a dis advantage with the lil antenna
I felt that the build is a bit on the handle with care side and is not like a rough handling kinda stuff.
Other:
With a pair of rabbit ears antenna stuck out my window i was able to get most of the channels and with the powerful ones on the roof it was no trouble.
Trying to interface it with linux/ pack comes with windows stuff only
You can pause live n record a channel but wen its doing that u cannot watch other channels.
Does not have an analog receiver so if u are looking for analog reception as well it wont do it
Bottomline:
Worth the price. cant complain. Good buy With a nice pair of good antennas u can watch HD tv on your laptop/desktop
Im happy with the way it works jus needed to watch TV on my laptop

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections