• Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
Solid bundle of fun! – Tyrant Mini R/C Rally Car Reviews

posted by GeekfromNorway on 09/29/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
This thing seems to be able to take a beating, which is good as I have trouble avoiding table legs and walls. ;-)
Cons:
They all seem to use the same frequenzy.
(The two out of three that I have unpacked can both be controlled by the same remote) Big bummer as it makes racing impossible.
The box is big, 12x13.5x10.5cm(4.7"x5.3"x4.1"), and may not always pass through customs unhindered.
Other:
The wheels are solid plastic with a very thin rubber tire. Seems more as if to give the impression of rubber tires than to give traction as they spin easily on laquered hardwood floors. (Gives good grip on carpets, though)
Recharge takes about 5minutes, and gives nearly 10 minutes of fun.
Run it forwards, then quickly throw it into reverse and watch it spin on smooth floors. Even better, this thing takes 'handbrake turns' without a handbrake ;-)
The front lights activating while driving forwards is nice, even if it results in shorter driving time(the 'nearly 10 minutes' is when driving almost as much in reverse as forwards)
I probably need to try filming it as it skids around the floor... Or stick on my mini camand take it for a spin...
Bottomline:
End score?
I know of a nephew who will love this. As long as his daddy(my brother) doesn't monopolize it...

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections