DX  » Community » Reviews » High Brightness 12W 12-LED 1080LM White LED Ceiling Lamp/Down Light (85~265V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 2
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Suitable to replace room light – High Brightness 12W 12-LED 1080LM White LED Ceiling Lamp/Down Light (85~265V) Reviews

posted by NielV on 05/18/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Very nice light. It is made from a number of LEDs as can be seen in the pictures. The circuit board is labelled Osram so might be a very good design.
The power supply looks good. It is 310mA and output around 24V to 44V. It is properly sealed and potted. It looks sufficiently fire proof, and is in a metal heatsink housing. In my case I plan on using DC distributed power to avoid mains wiring though.
The light starts at about 30V and full brightness at about 35V to 40V. One unit is sufficient to light up a bedroom floor, as expected not enouth to light up the walls as the angle is not that wide. But it is a nice wide angle, not your normal spot downlight.
It has a nice brished aluminium finish, looks really pro.
Cons:
Still a bit expensive for only 12W, LED lights should cost below $20.
The only real con is that you have to screw the front metal ring to the body and mine did not fit very well. It took about 10 minutes of trying to get the thread lined up. Would hate to have to install more than 2 or 3, frustrating.
The heatsink is not properly attached, but I don't think this is too serious. It does not get that hot, and the heatsink is an overkill. Perhaps needed in hot climates. I will attach it properly sometime, not too hard ot open.
Other:
Bottomline:
This is a good replacement for incandescent down lights, and certainly much niced than "energy saver" down lamps. The finish looks nice.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections