DX  » Community » Reviews » Replacement Power Supply AC Adapter for ACER Laptops (5.5x1.7 Plug Type)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good replacement – Replacement Power Supply AC Adapter for ACER Laptops (5.5x1.7 Plug Type) Reviews

posted by samuelprados on 07/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Like many items on DX, it's CHEAP! Works flawlessly and was a perfect replacement power supply for my old Aspire 5520. Mine came with an nice looking ACER logo in the sticker, giving it a genuine look (but i think it is not...)
Cons:
The bright blue LED. I think i prefer the dimmer green LED of my now broken original power supply, but this is not a real con... The cord is a little too short compared to the original, but is still long enough. It gets hot (but not THAT hot...) after some use, exactly like my original one aways got, but again, this is not a real con. My original power supply had a 90 degree connector tip, this one, like in the picture, is straight, and i miss the curved tip, it was more fitting for using the notebook in some conditions, like in bed...
Other:
People complaining about loose connector on their replacement power supply should check the correct tip size before buying. like i said, this one worked perfectly for me, but i almost bought a 5.5 X 2.5 size, and it would get a loose fit in my notebook. By the way, don't forget that this item doesn't come with the power cord. So, save the old one (like i did) or find one here on DX.
Bottomline:
It is much more than a decent replacement for a notebook power supply. It looks like a counterfeit for me, but i don't care because it works and was very cheap. I'm very happy with this item! Now i'm waiting for the new battery i also bought here on DX, since my original one is bad and dead. i hope it all works togheter!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections