Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
* Very cheap IDE-CompactFlash Adapter
* Has two mounting screw holes
* Has an activity LED
* CompactFlash card is firmly attached, it doesn't wobble
* It has a floppy-drive power connector, I had to dig up and clip one off an old ATX power supply. Molex would've been better
* Would have been awesome if it was able to use the IDE bus for power, a CF card does not require that much.
* Performance seems low, it doesn't reach the CF cards Read/Write speeds.
They could have put some isolating materials or a spacer ring under the circuit-board. If you mount it without spacers, it will short out.
If you want a dirt-cheap 'SSD' for a small server or HTPC which is always-on, this is a great way!
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.