DX  » Community » Reviews » Mesh Protective PC Plastic Back Case for Ipad 2 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Great cover, but plastic somewhat brittle – Mesh Protective PC Plastic Back Case for iPad 2 - Black Reviews

posted by ColdRain on 08/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
* Easy to fit * Looks good/stylish * Having so many holes makes it rather light but doesn't affect protective qualities * Can be used with iPad smart cover * Great price
Cons:
The plastic is somewhat brittle or too hard. It began cracking in various places after 2 months - even without it being dropped or removed from the iPad. Corners started breaking away etc. It's now at the point where all of the edges that keep it in place have chipped away. So now it will not stay on the iPad. it's about 4-5 months old. Still a good buy, if you had to buy one every 5 months I still think it's worth it. I think I'll try a different one this time around though.
Other:
It would be the perfect case if they made it with slightly more supple plastic.
Bottomline:
Get it - it's cheap and even if it does break up slowly it's still worth it. It's possible that this was made from a bad batch of plastic so newer ones may not suffer the same fate.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections