Sort by:
19 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5310 (53%)
  • 4 Star:428 (42%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:51 (5%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

95% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    5.1 or 2.1 converter which works fine

posted by lilbhemi on 04/14/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    the device is very compact, and easy to use. Comes with power adapter and optical wire. It has a button to chose 5.1 or 2.1 output and another button to chose the between the inputs.
    Cons:
    it doesn´t has a switch or power button, so is always on. The quality of sound is kinda weird. I thought I will work bette...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good item for the money

posted by spooh on 04/14/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Perfect item to get use your old surround system with the new technologies. Perfectly working even when providing input sound from stereo (aux) in. Sound is good. There is option to switch between 5.1 an d 2.1 outputs. Very useful when you have not connecte...
    Cons:
    No remote control to switch between channels. Would be useful to have it. No option to control sound volume.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    useful thing

posted by berthellemans on 01/23/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It's a small, handy thing. I use it to convert the optical signal from my PS3, to analog surround. At first I was a bit sceptical as it was really cheap, and decoding dolby & dts requires licenses. However, it proved to do it's job. However, when first...
    Cons:
    - toslink cable that came with it was worthless. Stiff as hell (it remained in the form it came with when I released the zip ti...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Product..Value for money..:)

posted by adithyagokhale on 11/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Converts Optic to 5.1 channel analog audio. Converts Audio coming in stereo to 5.1 channel using some algorithm which makes it hear in center speaker and some sounds in other speakers. Easy to install.
    Cons:
    Its good if it has a remote control to switch the inputs and control the volume. HDMI from any source will not have volume cont...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it's what i've been missing

posted by ivasko on 11/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    this unit is perfect for what i was looking for. it is everything it says, converts digital (optical or coaxial) to analog 5.1 sound. now it does not matter what speaker set i use, i can now decode dolby digital, dts and the like and i did not need to spend...
    Cons:
    you have to unplug the device if you want to shut it down as there is no separate power switch. led indicators are too bright. ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Goog for that money

posted by vetep on 09/11/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works quite well in decoding the 5.1 channel sound. Easy to use, solid metal case, perfect decoding, gives not much heat, just getting warm. Two optical inputs. One optical cable included.
    Cons:
    No volume control; No remote; Ports are on both sides of device; Bad LEDs-too bright.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Could be better.

posted by nitrousoxidesis on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Decoder does the thing-I wanted to use PS3 with my 5.1 analog audio system, and now I'm using it. Also, operation of this device is totally silent, and I like it; my previous amplifier was giving annoying sound while idle (or working).
    Cons:
    First and main con. is crappy, totally awful postproccessing of sound from 3.5 mm jack(on right of front panel). Impossible to ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent product with value for money

posted by sanketdesai on 04/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works quite well in decoding the 5.1 channel sound. A serious value for money deal.....
    Cons:
    Everything is good. However the free digital audio cable that came along in the package is a bit of inferior quality.....Also t...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Absolutely useful

posted by DK1975 on 03/06/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to use, solid metal case, perfect decoding, gives not much heat, just getting warm. Two optical inputs. One optical cable included.
    Cons:
    Too shiny LEDs on front panel, all of them blue. if you watch movies at night, this is irritating. I used drops of black paint...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best purchase to date !!!

posted by ntcase on 02/03/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very intuitive operation. Very versatile - you can connect many devices and chose between the one you want to output. Great quality. Amazingly small - really you wont believe how small it is :) Works great - took me less then 6 minutes (I've counted) from o...
    Cons:
    I must agree with other reviews, the blue light is a bit too much for me :) its really bright. A remote could have made it the...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections