DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.4" LCD Car MP3 Player FM Transmitter w/ Remote Controller/SD/MMC/USB - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Great transmitter! – 1.4" LCD Car MP3 Player FM Transmitter w/ Remote Controller/SD/MMC/USB - Black Reviews

posted by GadgetFrantic on 03/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I have a 2008 Citroen C4 installed with a proprietary radio-CD player. As this is connected to the car's computer, I had to throw away around 200$ to replace it keeping the computer to work with the car's display.
So this transmitter is a great workaround!
Build quality is great, buttons work perfectly, the LCD display is clear enough and displays the relevant information without too much clatter.
3 external support: USB, SD & standard earphones socket to connect to iPod / cellular by a short cable.
Supports a full range of FM frequencies.
Supports a lot of equlizer settings (I use the natural).
Volume control, on/off switch and remote are useful too.
Sound is better than an ordinary FM station, as the frequency is near and there is no disturbance.
For great reception, make sure you use an unused frequency, without other close frequencies (clear 0.3 from each side).
Cons:
The cable supplied is too short (around 20 cm. only), so I couldn't set my cell on the winshield and connect it to the transmitter.
There is no memory setting for the volume set, so every restart sets the volume back to factory setting.
The remote has to be pointed directly to the transmitter in order for it to work, so if your car's cigarette lighter or other 12V socket is behind the seat it will not function properly.
Other:
I'm very happy I saved the 200$ to replace my car's radio + all the hassle finding the right place to do that - not to mention spending a lot of time in the process.
Bottomline:
Buy it - I think this is the best workaround solution.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections