Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- The Screen is very clear and easy to read, and has a very high resolution 800x480 display, with an adjustable backlight so that it can be clearly seen in daylight.
- Touch screen is responsive, especially when used with the included stylus for accuracy.
- The main shell is easy to use and allows you to change the GPS software path
- There is also an option to load the Windows CE 6.0 interface, which is good.
- The unit reports having 128MB of RAM, and appears very quick when running Igo Primo, even when using TTS (Text-to-Speech)
- There is a lot of internal space (4GB) to store GPS navigation programs and Maps. (Igo Primo and USA and Canada maps are included)
- The other functions such as Ebooks, picture, video and music playing work well.
- It allows you to play music using the music application, and continue listening whilst using the GPS application.
- It includes a built in FM Transmitter, which allows you to broadcast the GPS sound via FM frequencies, which allows you to tune in on your car radio and listen to the GPS instructions via your car speakers via the FM radio.
- The GPS fixes a lock on the satellites quickly, and seems to be quite accurate.
- The build quality is quite good, and seems substantial, although I have added a screen protector for good measure (From an Amazon Kindle, and then cut to size, although it is a little short of covering the whole screen)
- Igo Primo runs quite well on this device, as it has a powerful processor and 128MB ram. It still runs fast even when using TTS. Although it lags a bit when using 3D Buildings aswell as TTS.
- The Car suction holder works well, and sticks really well to the Windscreen (almost too well!) and the bracket holds the unit in place well, and has not fallen out yet whilst I have been testing it.
- The speaker of the GPS unit provides loud and clear instructions, although at maximum volume the sound can become slightly tinny and distorted.
- Windows CE 6.0 is in English language
- The speaker sometimes becomes distorted and tinny at high volumes.
- It is not a full installation of Windows CE 6.0 (i.e the control panel is not available)
- When using the FM Transmitter, the Internal speaker is muted, but there is no option to change this, without turning the FM transmitter off.
- The FM transmitter can be temperamental, sometimes it will work, and other times the car radio will not pick it up, it might be due to the car radio antenna, or the transmitting power of the unit.
Overall, this is a fantastic unit, and great value for money. It's best points are the high resolution 800x480 display and its 128MB of SDRAM, as well as the 4GB built in storage.
Please see my Video walkthrough and extra pictures for more information.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.