DX  » Community » Reviews » LED Digital Mouthpiece Alcohol Concentration Tester w/ 6 Mouthpieces (2 x AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Reliable and robust – LED Digital Mouthpiece Alcohol Concentration Tester w/ 6 Mouthpieces (2 x AA) Reviews

posted by toegema on 08/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The product seems well built, if it had a brand name printed on it, it would seem like a quality product you would by in a european shop. It calibrates before each use. You can see it by the counter counting from 150 to 0. If you blow alcohol breath while calibrating, it tries to calibrate again. If it fails, wait for a minute or two and try again. It seems to me that the measure results are accurate. I have not cross-compared with another device, but when used correctly, I got the same result when measuring 5 minutes apart. Only 0,01 promille difference between the two measurements.
Cons:
When finished measuring, it keeps beeping and blinking the result for 20 or so seconds before it turns off. You cant turn off the sound when the results show.
Other:
I would like to verify its accuracy by comparing to another device, but the results seem quite reasonable to the real-life expectations with the amount consumed.
Bottomline:
Good value for money. In Norway the driving limit is 0,2 promille. So even if the green light does not turn red before hitting 0,5 it doesnt matter since there is a numeric readout of the value on the display.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections