DX  » Community » Reviews » Wireless GSM Anti-Theft Home Security Alarm System w/ Camera
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 5
Poweful system, if you can configurre it – Wireless GSM Anti-Theft Home Security Alarm System w/ Camera Reviews

posted by Sure2buy on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
olid camera and a base device. Easy configured by SMS. Some actions are available while I call the device from my phone. The device IS ABLE to send MMS! The device IS ABLE to send a picture by e-mail. You may see my examples of configurations and MMS in photos.
Cons:
Device is not controllable by SMS while it sends SMS/MMS. It was too busy to look SMS. Only Megafon-Moscow GSM provider let me get MMS from the sytem. I was trying to configure the system during a week, but neither MTS nor Beeline was not able to send MMS from this device. I've found aset of jampers inside the motion detector and the door-opening detector. But ther is no manual about it.
Other:
I'm proud by myself, I've found a way to receive MMS from the device. But only one of 3 GSM providers works with MMS of the system. The same result with e-mail. Just Megafon allows to get a picture by e-mail. And there is no option to configure SMTP/POP3 server to send e-mail. So, I suspect that the device as developed just by Megafon and some features are configured inside the internal program. It's not honest!
Bottomline:
The device is useful. But you may send too many SMS to configure it properly. You can find the manual for the divice in Internet, for example, in Russian

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections