DX  » Community » Reviews » Car Cigarette Powered USB Adapter/Charger for Samsung P1000 + More
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Reliable and fast – Car Cigarette Powered USB Adapter/Charger for Samsung P1000 + More Reviews

posted by Pillsburied on 02/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Seems to deliver the stated current of 2A White LED indicates unit is receiving power Small and unobtrusive Nice-looking design Flat sides means easy to plug in and unplug Reliable so far Should work with almost any USB device, not only the P1000
Cons:
The price is higher than other seemingly similar units Only one USB port
Other:
I have 3 of these "MAX POWER" USB power supplies. Unlike some other units which seem unable to deliver the stated 2000mA, these reliably power and charge my Nexus 7 tablet. They also charge my phone more quickly than others. I've tried other units having two USB ports that claimed to deliver up to 2A. However, only one of the two ports was 2A-capable, and only if the other port was not in use. Even then they worked only intermittently. This one has only a single port, but at least there is no possibility of confusion.
Bottomline:
Other USB in-car chargers that I've tried are unable to reliably power and charge my devices and keep them charged. This "MAX POWER" unit does the job in style. Despite the slightly higher price, I recommend it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections