DX  » Community » Reviews » YXTM S-Type Digital SLR Grip Handle and External Battery for Nikon D80 Camera
Sort by:
7 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:433 (43%)
  • 4 Star:574 (57%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Decent Camera Grip

posted by cblue on 06/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This is a decent camera grip; all the buttons function (shutter and AE lock). The battery bay can take the regular Nikon batteries as well as AA batteries. The camera recognizes the number and type of batteries present. The unit fits and communicates with m...
    Cons:
    The grip feels very light and plastic. The shutter button doesn't function exactly as the normal shutter does. The "feel&q...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent

posted by bernardolago on 01/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great product, a little expensive for DX price range but totally worthy. It is made by Meike, one of the greatest manufacturers of Grips for digital SLR cameras. I use it all the time on my D90, works every time, has the exposure controls built on the grip ...
    Cons:
    None whatsoever. Great product.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Pretty good

posted by kitgerrits on 12/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Both batteries provide full information (charge, shots), the button feels and works great and the "enable" switch is a nice addition.
    Cons:
    The screw feels a bit loose and there is a little wiggle room left. I do not have the official part, so I do not know if the of...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Purchase

posted by asdfrawr on 07/26/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great build quality, comparable to what a genuine MB-D80 grip would feel like. The shutter button has a great feel and is not "sloppy". Door mechanism secures tightly, and the AA battery carriage is well-built.
    Cons:
    The AE/AF-L button is a little too squishy for my taste. I often find myself having to apply more pressure than normal to get i...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Feels Solid!

posted by Spizaex on 12/07/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The grip feels very solid. The material is solid and the plastic has a matt texture. It has a rubberized felling, and you feel it sticks to your hand - not negatively -. Personally I believe it feels better than the SKU 31891. The grip parts are locked tigh...
    Cons:
    None at all. Maybe the time to arrive... I took almost 3 months for me - guess it was my postal service though -.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works Perfectly

posted by cleberefla on 09/07/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    . Perfect work in Nikon cameras D80 or D90. . It has buttons and functions similars the original MB-D80. . Works perfectly with stacks AAA.
    Cons:
    . Sometimes, does not recognize the two batteries and we need change it of slot.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great!

posted by Muffe on 01/10/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Works great with my D90! - The build quality is good! - You can use EN-EL3e batteries or AA-batteries! - It tightens very well! - You'll get a better grip from your camera.
    Cons:
    - The shutter-button has a little different touch than the cameras own button. - The AE-L -button is rubberish, not at all the...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections