Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Doesn't require external power.
- Comes with everything you need, including a screwdriver, so you can get up and running right away.
- Very easy installation.
- Status indicator LED changes colour depending on activity.
- The screw holes aren't exactly perfect, so it might require some tweaking before everything fits properly.
- It will take up 2 USB ports on your computer.
- No internal padding for the hard drive (there is a foamy case for it though).
It uses a USB A connector for everything. Generally the device has a USB B connector. Doesn't affect its function though.
It's better to plug in both cables to the computer first, then to the enclosure. If you plug in the enclosure first, then the computer cables one by one, it might try starting up, and failing because of inadequate supply current.
I would have liked a SATA passthrough connector.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.