DX  » Community » Reviews » Wii to HDMI 720P/1080P + 3.5mm Audio Converter Adapter - White
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
i would order it again – Wii to HDMI 720P/1080P + 3.5mm Audio Converter Adapter - White Reviews

posted by sikamikanico on 12/09/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
this device is propably the easiest way to integrate a wii into your hdmi-driven homecinema system. installation couldn´t be easier, just plug it in and set your wii to output the videosignal at HDTV/480p the image quality improves clearly compared to the standard composite cable that comes with the wii the audio signal comes over hdmi, the 3,5mm jack is just optional
Cons:
only con i discovered yet is that using the converter adds a bit too much contrast to the picture.
Other:
Bottomline:
if your wii is connected via the standard composite cable, this device is a real easy way of getting a better picture out of your console. but dont expect wonders, you dont get a higher resolution or a real HD picture! if you already use a component cable and dont need hdmi, its not worth getting this converter(imo). to the contrast problem: i dont have a flatscreen tv, i am playing on a kinda low-contrast beamer. so its not a big deal for me. but it could be annoying on modern high-contrast flat tv´s to adjust the image everytime you play wii.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections