DX  » Community » Reviews » Dual USB Car Cigarette Powered Charger - Black (12~24V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
very happy with it! – Dual USB Car Cigarette Powered Charger - Black (12~24V) Reviews

posted by ecotech on 11/11/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
it works.
this is a bigger deal than it may sound, because previous 1000ma chargers, which should have worked, didn't. (or, to be more accurate, once they blew out more than $5's worth of automotive fuses, i gave up trying to make them work. it never really made sense that a 1a device at 5v should blow a 10a fuse at 12v, but it did.)
it charges my phone, and although i haven't measured it, it seems to be charging at the faster rate (1000ma vs, 500ma).
Cons:
a few small weirdnesses:
1) it's a dual-port charger, but the 2 ports ARE NOT interchangeable - port 1 is labelled something like "p1000", and only port 2 will charge my iphone. that's as documented, but i wish i could use both ports. (without blowing fuses.)
2) the blue "power indicator" light is very bright. (bright enough to light up the whole area around the usb connector.) it's not a big problem, but it's brighter than anything else in the dash, and it's a bit distracting, especially at night.
Other:
(i should have bought a couple of extras, as gifts.)
Bottomline:
a great, solid product and well worth the money! (imho)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections