DX  » Community » Reviews » AWEI ES-Q3 In-Ear Earphone for Iphone/MP3 (3.5mm Jack/140CM-Cable)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Excellent build quality, 8/10 sound quality – AWEI ES-Q3 In-Ear Earphone for iPhone/MP3 (3.5mm Jack/140CM-Cable) Reviews

posted by eatkabab on 05/19/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
These are absolutely top notch build quality. They have a completely solid feel and instill confidence in the user that they will last a very long time. The wire is actually fabric wrapped unlike in the picture (reduces tangles). I haven't taken them apart to see if they're using more than one driver inside but it sounds like just one. Super rich bass and very good mid range. Unfortunately the highs are a little muffled which is why I give them an 8/10 sound quality. Of course this is 8/10 on the sub $100 headphone range and wow do these give most sub $100 earbuds and headphones a good run.
Cons:
Unfortunately the highs are a little muffled but I've only used them for a few hours. Hoping they'll break in and sound better after a few dozen more hours...
Other:
These are one of the many gems on Dealextreme. Took about 3 weeks to arrive.
Bottomline:
For under five dollars, you really can't go wrong. I usually hate earbuds but they're great for traveling and on planes which is why I got these. Definitely a good buy.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections