DX  » Community » Reviews » Romisen RC-I3 Cree XR-E Q5 200lm 3-Mode White LED Flashlight - Silver (1/2 x 14500 / 2 x AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great little versatile light – Romisen Cree RC-I3 LED Flashlight (1xAA/1xCR123A/2xAA) Reviews

posted by horizonseeker on 02/28/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
A great versatile light: 1) uses 2 different type batteries with 3 different configurations 2) uses a cree LED (although unknown bin)
3) bright (see below for battery - light section)
Cons:
reverse clickie (full click to turn on/off, no momentary mode when the light is off)

I have a few other Romisen lights that are forward clickie, thought this might be the same, but it's not.
Other:
could use a little more lubing and cleaning on the thread, but that's not hard to do by the owners.
Bottomline:
If you have 14550 (AA size Li-ion) and RCR123, and KNOWS how to use them SAFELY, this is a great light to have in the 1-cell format.

CR123 will work in this light and provides bright output.

using NIMH rechargeable and alkaline in the 2-cell form will give you the same brightness but longer running time.

1 cell with alkaline or nimh rechargeable should be a last resort with this light, it's made for 3.0V input so the brightness suffers on this level of input.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections