DX  » Community » Reviews » Heat-Absorbing Laptop Cooling Ice Pad (Non-Powered)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:91 (9%)
  • 4 Star:829 (82%)
  • 3 Star:91 (9%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 1
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Goed en goedkoop

posted by bonaputty on 03/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Het is een ideaal ding, werkt waarvoor je hem koopt. Meestal gebruik ik deze voor in bed, ik leg de cooler op mijn matras, laptop erop en zo kan ik nog een tijd doorwerken. Als ik de laptop rechtstreeks op het matras leg, werd het heel snel heel warm. Deze ...
    Cons:
    Na verloop van tijd wordt het ook wel warm en zul je op iets anders moeten overgaan. Het is niet eeuwig durend.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It really does what it says

posted by jenychris on 06/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    In the first minute drops about 5 degrees. After maintaining the temperature and sets up 3 or 4 degrees, but not nearly 30 degrees ascended before. Really very good materials.
    Cons:
    The packaging in which they sent was very weak and did damage to the box. The article if it was in perfect condition. If you ha...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    helpful, only as a part-solution

posted by udigur on 10/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - it really does absorbs heat and cools down quite fast (when off the laptop). - my laptop ecceeds the matt's size (17''), which for me acts as a 2cm lift from the table and allows the laptop fan's side hole to breath more efficiently. - the matt is solid...
    Cons:
    - could be cheaper. - the top side is just a bit too slick so the laptop COULD slip from it. - bottom side gets dirt/leaves/g...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 2
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great, very much worth the price

posted by KenSag on 10/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It actually does what it says! I use this with my Mid-2009 Macbook Pro which on some surfaces gets really hot ... putting the laptop on this pad lowers the temperature almost instantly.. I have this on my desk all the time and put my laptop on it whenever I...
    Cons:
    1. Its quiet pricey in my opinion 2. Its not very portable... I hate taking it with me even though I wish I could.. its a littl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IT WORKS

posted by serenely on 02/15/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I have been using this for a few days and it really keeps the lower part of my laptop cool, I try and touch it from time to time and the pc always feels fresh. It doesn't weight much and it's the perfect shape-surface for my 16'' laptop.
    Cons:
    it only comes in black...I prefer colors! Also, it slips easily from my lap-support. Maybe something could be added on the bott...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Surprising!

posted by rmtrmt on 05/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    got it this week the shipping and handling took only 2 weeks I was really surprised as I used to be more skeptic of this product. using it for MacBook pro unibody. You can easily feel the cooling effect. use it if you use your macbook for graphics or ga...
    Cons:
    It's a bit heavy. Isn't really effective for 8 hours.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good but could be improved

posted by sdorzak on 04/08/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - it actually works (distributes and reduces the heat from your laptop) - it's light - the materials used are good quality - doesn't require external power
    Cons:
    - I don't like the red outline - after few hours it stops cooling, so u have to put it aside for a while - it smells a bit when...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    it works

posted by Jumii on 12/14/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The thing is very, very small. It is even smaller than my phone battery. It doesn't have complicated buttons and such. The person who designed this is a genius, I have never seen a player which is so simply designed and usable. Extremely long battery. ...
    Cons:
    Always starts with the same song, in the same order. No shuffle. I got mine with the wrong manual, but found out how to use it...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works

posted by phestar on 05/22/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - It really cools your laptop (just a few degrees, but heat spreads better in the whole mat and you don't have very hot points in the bottom of the laptop). - Seems to be built with good quality materials.
    Cons:
    - You have to let it cool down after several hours of use. If you don't do it, it stops working, it's like using the laptop on ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It does work

posted by Glowjob on 05/15/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a neat heat absorbing mat. Is fashioned out of somewhat sturdy material. I like the black base and red trim. I lie on it when it gets too hot and it cools my stomach pretty well.
    Cons:
    I really dislike the ugly "NEWSPEED" printed on the front of the heat panel. I guess you wouldnt notice it if its be...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections