Sort by:
27 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:4813 (48%)
  • 4 Star:4412 (44%)
  • 3 Star:41 (4%)
  • 2 Star:41 (4%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

96% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Useful

posted by xcristiang on 10/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    IDE and SATA Connectors in order to connect the disk one at time Nice aluminium case Box contain all you will need to install IDE or SATA drive
    Cons:
    Low Quality adapter plug and materials It is difficult to disassemble. Plastic is low quality The space inside the case is sma...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and does the job

posted by Mike67 on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Nice Aluminium case . Easy mounting for my IDE 500 Go hard Disk.Plug and Play installing on my WIN XP . Box contain all you will need to install IDE or SATA drive. Powwer switch on th back side I am using it as NAS storage on my DSL router
    Cons:
    Power supply looking cheap building but it does the job. No European AC plug
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Beautiful and resistant HD case

posted by Adamoski on 07/27/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Came with its own power supply. - Good Aluminum Case. - Works with SKU57591. - Support SATA or IDE disks, good for retrocompatibility. - Came with all cables, screws and a screwdriver. You just need the wall socket and the Harddrive. - The cables of ...
    Cons:
    - The space inside the case is small, so, fit all the cables inside can be hard with a IDE harddrive. - Don't come with materi...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product but with some bits missing

posted by icebreaker on 05/25/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Looks nice. - Build quality is good for it's price range, although the adapter feels very cheap and does not come with a European plug.
    Cons:
    - No screws are included, you should slide the black plates of to mount the hard drive with four screws and then put the back o...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product

posted by AxlEm on 05/19/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    It works, it do what you expect it to do. It looks really nice too. It's easy to connect the harddrive and get everything set up.
    Cons:
    When you open it up, it's basically just empty and you get a feeling like the product is of bad quality. It could be some rubbe...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Hmmm undecided yet

posted by sasizza on 05/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    the pros are that it works good. The hard drive fits. The material that this item is made looks very good and professional. There is an on/off button and it doesn't look cheap at all. As soon as I plugged this item into my computer it worked right away ...
    Cons:
    The hard drive fits a bit too well... it slides inside the case from front to back... it feels like something is missing to hel...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Practical and easy to use.

posted by motero2cbr on 03/24/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    A solution to reuse the good old disk for - Backups - Migrations - ... It is very easy to connect the disk I've tested varios SATA disk without any problems The speed is on the average of USB 2.0 external disk (30 MB/s)
    Cons:
    It is not a fashion or pretty device. The power connector for the UK; but you can use a computer or monitor cable.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    VER handy

posted by Stephen76 on 01/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I bought this to house an external drive, but ended up using the cables from the housing to repair other computers, and do data backups before repairs. The cables in this are very handy, and you get both an IDE connection, and a SATA connection, so you can...
    Cons:
    Housing itself comes apart pretty easily, so I lost the strips from either side of the main housing, as well as the screws, but...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very Good

posted by llcollart on 11/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The product is simple enough so you don't have problems to assemble it. And it is strong and good looking after you put it all together with your Hard Drive on it. It is perfect for me because it supports IDE/PATA or SATA Hard drives. After you connect to t...
    Cons:
    I think the power cable could be smaller. And the USB cable larger. Other than that I don't see nothing wrong with it.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine

posted by gampe on 03/10/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    practical with both IDE and S-ATA read and write speed was like expected.Very easy to assembly and change between discs.I also like those tiny screwdrivers that follows
    Cons:
    had to twist the s-ata cable upside down to fit it to my harddrive and the soldering looks a little weak
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections