DX  » Community » Reviews » Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g)
Sort by:
15 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8012 (80%)
  • 4 Star:132 (13%)
  • 3 Star:71 (7%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Real Deal solder paste! Get it! Get 10!

posted by TrinityTrip on 07/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It is the real stuff! Tiny solder balls suspended in flux. Anything remotely like this costs a fortune. Works perfectly. Place a few smears or blobs on your PCB and stick your components down and solder away.
    Cons:
    Flux has a strong odour when soldering. Could be toxic but if you blow while soldering it's no problem.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great paste

posted by HarleyDK on 03/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    1. Easy to use. 2. Low melting-point (contains lead). 3. Low price not affecting the quality. 4. Hopefully a permanent stock at DX.
    Cons:
    The only thing I can think of is: . . . . Nope nothing comes to mind
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Soldering paste.. where have you been all my life?

posted by shao.fu.tzer on 12/15/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    1. Easy to apply 2. Stays where you want it to 3. Makes beautiful solder joints 4. Makes soldering fun again 5. Good consistancy 6. Cheap
    Cons:
    1. Doesn't come in a giant 55 gallon drum with its own soundtrack and topless dancers
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best price for the best paste

posted by kazenokage on 12/09/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I bought it for some works in my home and for some little things done for hobby. I can say even if not the best soldering paste I've ever bought it's the most cheapest and near to the best one I've ever used. It's easy to apply It's a lot It's cheap ...
    Cons:
    It dry faster so is a good suggestion take only what you need and then close the container. It's a bit more rough than some ot...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g) :

posted by rudeboyinc on 07/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Mechanics Soldering Paste (50g) : Cant get better then this price i bought now already for the second time this past it is perfect for all the littel diy solder jobs around the house and even good nuff for some fine hobby work
    Cons:
    I cant think of any not even the price You will solder a lot with this Only thing u got to make sure CLOSE the lid immediatl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Amazing deal on amazing paste

posted by shao.fu.tzer on 03/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    1. Inexpensive 2. Works like I thought it would 3. Produces amazing solder joints 4. Super easy to use 5. Large quantity 6. Good viscosity makes placement a breeze 7. Best solder I have EVER used
    Cons:
    NONE AT ALL!!!
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great low heat solder paste

posted by ABCellers on 01/22/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This is a great low heat solder paste. It melts at approximately 183 °C (361 °F). That is very good for avoiding the thermal breakdown point of your electronic components. It flows quickly and evenly, no bridging on integrated circuits. The metal content by...
    Cons:
    The flux component is not "no clean". This is why I gave it a 4 on "ease of use" and "build qualiy" ratings. But for the price ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and works, but reserved to experts

posted by Otatiaro on 01/19/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works. It's a soldering paste (not flux). Leaded. When used pure it's not quite easy to use but just add some home made flux (based on colophony violin rosin found here) and it becomes more sticky and easier to use.
    Cons:
    This is not something everybody can use. You need a minimum of tools and experience to use it well. A very good soldering iron ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very good paste

posted by vilmas on 01/14/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    If you need paste, this works. It's inexpensive. It's probably more than enough to last most casual hobbyists for a very long time. (Most people will probably lose this bottle before the product actually runs out.)
    Cons:
    -great amount of product, will last for a while -not much fumes -takes a while to evaporate,so you won't need to add more flu...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simply great!

posted by Corail on 06/08/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Thick solder paste that works lika a charm. Easy to use and apply. 63% tin and 37% lead (plus additional flux, to form a paste) Just dip the solderpoints in it, hold in place and gently touch with well heated soldering iron. Reduces heat transfer to compone...
    Cons:
    But...none!
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections