DX  » Community » Reviews » 7.2M HSDPA 3G SIM Card USB 2.0 Wireless Modem Adapter with TF Card Slot - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 4
Work with mac too! – 7.2M HSDPA 3G SIM Card USB 2.0 Wireless Modem Adapter with TF Card Slot - Black Reviews

posted by JuusoR on 05/17/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-Works with macbook pro running snow leopard, i tested also on windows server 2008 and it works with that too.
-Comes with drivers and software for mac and win!
-It supports sms, micro sd card, and other useless crap....
-Software has apn settings for lots of service providers, including most of major Finnish operators.
-When using it on mac, you don't even need to use includet software (if you don't need sms, etc...). You still need to install the software, so you will get drivers. After that, you can connect 3G from system preferences/network settings.
-price and build quality is ok...
Cons:
-Mac software seems to be some beta version, but it still does it's job. I haven't used it much, so i'm not shure is it stable and stuff like that. But thing which caused me lot of trouble, was that mac software did not support pin code, and refuse to launch if you have pin code on your sim card. You need to disable pin code, and then you get it rocking (It took couple of days for me to figure that out). Win software supports pin.
Other:
Bottomline:
I could not find mac software or drivers which works with qualcomm modem. So it is really great that this thing comes with mac software. This is good choice whether you are using windows or mac. I bought it because i didn't want to make 2 year contract with operator.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections