DX  » Community » Reviews » Breadboard Jumper Wires for Electronic DIY (70-Cable Pack)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Hey, it works – Breadboard Jumper Wires for Electronic DIY (70-Cable Pack) Reviews

posted by danrulz98 on 05/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
They seem like cool little wires that could be useful in prototyping. The end pieces are easy to hold onto and are great if you don't want to be stripping and tinning wires for each project. The wire its self seems to be OK quality. I want to say 26 or 28 AWG wire.
Cons:
The end pieces themselves seem to be kinda shobby injection-molded peices. But, they seem sturdy enough for what they do. I'm not sure why the wires smelled heavily of gasoline when I opened them. I haven't tried lighting one on fire or drawing too much current through it. Perhaps a test for later.
Other:
Smelled of gasoline!? Not sure what was up with that. The pins seemed a little loose in my breadboard, but it is an old breadboard so that may not be a fault of the wire.
Bottomline:
I look forward to using these in project :) The quality is ok and suitable for most needs I would think. I felt it was a good deal for the money! Rock on DX!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections