DX  » Community » Reviews » 12W 3500K 800LM Warm White LED Emitter Metal Strip (12~14V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Outstanding! – 12W 3500K 800LM Warm White LED Emitter Metal Strip (12~14V) Reviews

posted by Zaphod1000 on 08/20/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Possibly the best strip light DealXtreme sells. Very bright, very reasonable power consumption and dissipation. Glue to metal or, in my case, direct to a stone under bench. I'm going to stick 'em everywhere. In the pantry, under the kitchen cupboards, in the workshop - the possibilities are endless. My next door neighbour popped in for a visit, took one look and handed me 150 Bucks and asked me to buy a whole bunch of them. He will be putting them in his camper/trailer. They are just incredibly versatile and seemingly quite robust and well made. Buy one (or more). You will not regret the decision.
Cons:
Absolutely none. This thing is fabulous.
Other:
A 3.3 Ohm resistor limits current to a safe level (@ 12 Volts), keeps power dissipation to very acceptable levels and still allows useful light output. With a decent heat sink, that resistor can be dropped to a little less than 1 Ohm.
Bottomline:
Buy one. You will not regret it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections