DX  » Community » Reviews » Wireless Bluetooth V2.0 RS232 TTL Transceiver Module
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Nice module – Wireless Bluetooth RS232 TTL Transceiver Module Reviews

posted by jiggajigga on 08/23/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
- Bluetooth 2.0 compatible, - CSR Chip can be reprogrammed, - Discrete ! - Fast to access. - LED connexion for debug, - Tolerant : I use it on a robot, which sustain vibrations, dirty, and rain.
Cons:
- Very tiny, so you need patience and dexterity to solder it. - VCC voltage is 3.3V, so if you use a 5V power supply (like a USB port) you have to use a voltage regulator. - Not compatible with big fingers.
Other:
I use it with a PIC Microcontroller which work on a 5V power supply. Just supply the module with 3.3V, it is TTL (5-0V) tolerant on TX and RX lines. Bluetooth range is suffisant for home / office use, so you don’t have to prevent to run after your chip to keep the connexion established. It Works fine with my phone (Xperia X10i with Android) and my computer (Windows 7, dx bluetooth dongle and Hyperterminal application). here is a tutorial if you want to use it with your android phone http://www.instructables.com/id/Use-your-android-phone-sensors-on-the-arduino-/
Bottomline:
Very usefull if you need it. This module is very cheap, so don’t wait and buy it, you won't regret it

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections