DX  » Community » Reviews » Wireless Bluetooth V2.0 RS232 TTL Transceiver Module
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Incredible device! – Wireless Bluetooth V2.0 RS232 TTL Transceiver Module Reviews

posted by pcmihnea on 04/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
At a size a bit bigger than an 50eurocent coin you get an transceiver capable of transmitting and receiving RS232-compliant signals by Bluetooth at class 2 (~10 meters). All this at almost 7 dollars? A bargain! The fact that the datasheet's link is available in the product's description saved me some time in searching it on the internet. Speaking of which, the datasheet is easy enough to read and understand (even if some phrases are in "inglesh"), making it easy to use and configure the module.
Cons:
As stated by other reviewers, this module is very small; it has 13pins on the left and right side plus 8 at the bottom, each separated by only 0,5mm (or ~0.02"), thus making it difficult to actually solder it to a board or directly to cables.
Other:
I bought it so I can "upgrade" my DMM (digital multimeter) that had RS232 output, but wasn't implemented - the respective pins on the microcontroller were not connected to anything (if it was implemented, I would have paid more than double for my DMM).
Bottomline:
The applications for this module are endless! For example, you can use it with an RS232-capable DMM, enabling you to read the value measured on your PC, or even Android phone (search on Google Play for "bluetooth dmm" for the apps).

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections