DX  » Community » Reviews » 8X Seven Segments Display + 8X Key + 8X Double Color LED Module for Arduino
Sort by:
31 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8125 (81%)
  • 4 Star:196 (19%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Simple board

posted by jthatcher on 09/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very cheap and easy to use. The main library for it is available and well-known on the Internet, but requires a bit of skill to get working.
    Cons:
    7-segment display was very bright. This could be considered a pro in some cases though. Also, the cable connected on the front ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    One hell of a product

posted by tnvd on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    So many input output over a i2c connection. Can even be daisy chained, but each board need its own select. For more info on the used chip and how to use with arduino, check this out: https://code.google.com/p/tm1638-library/wiki/Reference Anyhow, this is a...
    Cons:
    Mine 2 blocks of 7 segmet displays were not aligned to each other, so the looking angle was not correct. As for what the item i...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great price for a great product

posted by geds on 05/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to use, works great. I connected it to my Arduino Mega AT1280 and it works as expected. Buttons, LEDs and digital display work.
    Cons:
    I don't see any except that I forget to buy some cables/wires to connect to my arduino board.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    The best product to buy for the first time you buy Ardoaino

posted by AradLeds on 04/28/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Product is built well and strong, based on the TM1638 chip, there is a free downloadable library to work with: http://code.google.com/p/tm1638-library/wiki/DefaultConstrutor Compared to what you pay you get a lot, because it contains a keyboard, display, ...
    Cons:
    Because everything works in multiplaxing some of the buttons causes the display to flicker once you click on them. Additionally...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Display and keyboard in one module.

posted by bfridman on 04/14/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Can be used as simple keyboard and 7-seg LED monitor. Theoretically it is possible to extend the module to 24-keys keyboard by soldering 16 other keys to existing 8 keys.
    Cons:
    On the card are activated only 8 keys from 24. Also standard Arduino library supports only these these 8 existing keys.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Must-have cheap display !

posted by Cicatrice on 04/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This board can be driven with only 3 pins from Arduino. It is a perfect choice if you want a large and cheap display for any use (clock, scrolling display, ...). Switches and double colors LEDs can be used easily.
    Cons:
    Ok, it's hugly, but it's work pretty well !
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent DIY Gadget

posted by jcaso26 on 03/04/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Article relatively easy to use, long as you have some help. It has many uses. It has everything I need to make a traffic light and a tachometer for scalextric. Its price is very good, when compared with all the separate components, plus save a lot of work p...
    Cons:
    If you find a counter, is its design. The connectors protrude from the screen and is very difficult to embedding only see the b...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must-have.

posted by zxMarce on 03/02/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Got it, wired it, uploaded example "sketch" to my Arduino Mega, and boom: Worked flawlessly. Displays are red, LEDs are red-green (green glows less than red when using 3.3V, remember this), buttons are very responsive. A perfect I/O gadget, as u...
    Cons:
    Only thing I would write about as a con is that if I would use this board as a main interface, the pin headers should be on the...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    cool product

posted by rdupcak on 02/22/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    very easy to install and programming, good support on internet, without experiences you can play with it (and arduino) good price,
    Cons:
    nothing or i don't know about it
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Absolutely Must Have for Arduino Addicts

posted by ExtremeFlyer on 02/21/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    So easy to interface - takes only 3 pins to control everything on the board. Existing library makes displaying up to 8 LED digits, turning the LEDs green or red, and polling the buttons very simple. Can even be daisy chained to more units if you need more...
    Cons:
    Minor imperfection in construction - the LED digits are not exactly flush mounted. Nothing that affect what I am using it for....
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections