Cheap, easy to use, useful – Arduino Compatible 8X Seven Segments Display + 8X Key + 8X Double Color LED Module Reviews
posted by squantmuts on 09/27/2012
Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
* Nice clear display even at low brightness.
* Display and buttons on one board and controller.
* easy to control
* daisy chaining of multiple boards!
* TM1638 chip is easy to control
* at full brightness there is a significant voltage drop over the cable.
* bit hard to find the datasheet. Google is your friend and a good translated datasheet is available.
* no schematics so figuring out what segment and button maps to where is a bit of a hassle but doable with some effort.
* high IDC connector headers prevent easy integration with a frontpanel.
* Low buttons make it hard to put it in a frontpanel.
Low cost display that can be used in a lot in a lot of homebrew electronics projects. Beats the clarity of a 2*16 LCD display and has extra buttons.
The daisychaining is a nice feature.
Cheap, clear, easy to control. They can be used in many projects. So get a few, for this price its hard to make it as cheap as this.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.