DX  » Community » Reviews » Seagull Infrared Flash Remote Trigger for Digital Camera SYK-3
Sort by:
25 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6817 (68%)
  • 4 Star:287 (28%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:41 (4%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

96% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent product

posted by dv188 on 04/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    very good product and good value for money
    Cons:
    in appearance seems a bit poorly assembled, but it works without problems. Can be distinguished from nedostakov probably only o...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent for slave fill light flashes

posted by xluccianox on 04/03/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very easy to use, you just plug it and it will do the work. Plus it has a tripod screw in case you want to place the flash in a tripod or some structure. I bought two of this and tried them with an old flash (National PE 200), a Canon 300 EZ and a Canon 320...
    Cons:
    None comes to my mind. its does what it built for.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good optical flash trigger

posted by Lanmix84 on 03/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good optical flash trigger! Works great. It can be triggered with another flash light from distance up to 15 m. Sync with my Canon 550d (t2i) up to 1/200 s when using Canon EX 430 on my camera. This flash trigger fits all my flash lights just fine (Canon...
    Cons:
    No cons at all. Great product, works great.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does as advertised

posted by Mickey101 on 01/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Small and cheap, reacts well on the other flashes. Handy to carry around
    Cons:
    The foot is a bit thin making it wobbly when mounted in a flash foot. Also, the instructions are all in Chinese.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works very well and well constructed

posted by inscriptions75 on 12/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This trigger is very well constructed, it works like a charm with visible light (flash light), its hot shoe is good, it is made with good quality plastics, and it's very reactive. It can visibly be used with other brand flash trigger models.
    Cons:
    no cons, it's really a good product. Just one thing, I don't see the "CE" sign on it like on a Hama one, but what... ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Does exactly what it is supposed to

posted by crashaholic on 11/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Excellent bang for the buck. Simple to use (for me, at least) From what I've read, some people have had issues with having to 'shim' for their flash: I didn't on my Nikon SB-600.
    Cons:
    None really that I can think of. I have yet to try it on a tripod so that is my only concern: stability. That, and I'm now spe...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    extremely useful if you know what you are doing

posted by larking on 11/21/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The main advantage of this little thing is that it is CHEAP. You can put together a setup of this and 11402 and have a fully manual off camera strobe for $15. bonus: you can use it on any old manual flash you have lying around. It can instantly boost your...
    Cons:
    if you already have some flash system that works in TTL you will not be able to use it since the preflashes trigger this one to...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    worth it's price

posted by penta123 on 06/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I see this Seagull's triggers in shops for about a 15 years :) And you can easily find it's scheme on Internet. But with $5 price it's even better to buy one. - it's what you pay for - sensibility is good for 20-50 sq.m. room every time and in good conditi...
    Cons:
    - useless with multi-flash systems (cause it fire after first flash and you can't select how many pre-flashes it must count)
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It works but not for all Flashes

posted by Drood on 02/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Actually I got the SYK-4 model although ordered SYK-3. SYK-4 is just the same plus it has PC Sync Socket. I purchased it for triggering my very old Flash which has high voltage on its hot shoe (I guess around 250-300 V). And it works well all together. The...
    Cons:
    After all I was surprised to find out that SYK-4 did not work with my other flashes Yongnuo YN-460 and YN-465. Those flashes fi...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good for price

posted by Ernestass on 01/06/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Amazingly cheap. - Well built. - Works with a lot of kinds of flashes. I used it with my old Braun Hobby flash, because I did not want to risk to create damage to my canon DSLR camera.
    Cons:
    - Reacts to preflashes, which you have to turn off when you use this remote flash controller. So you have to dig in deep in you...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections