DX  » Community » Reviews » T6 Smooth Crown Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode "1200-Lumen" White LED Bike Light with Battery Set
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
An awesome bicycling light, like a car headlight! – T6 Smooth Crown Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode "1200-Lumen" White LED Bike Light with Battery Set Reviews

posted by EdFromOhio on 09/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Small and relatively lightweight. Excellent price compared to the other bike lights of similar design. Includes everything needed to start using it. Charge lasts for over 3 hours on high (don't know exactly how much over 3 hours as I haven't run out of battery yet.) Although not shown in the pictures, it does come with the nylon pouch. Has a very nice throw pattern with enough spill to light the surrounding area.
Cons:
Not waterproof, although it's not much effort to make it more watertight (see other thoughts.) O-rings to hold the light to the bars seems a bit hokey to me - would have preferred a clamp style. With that being said, it holds my bars very well and doesn't budge even over rough roads.
Other:
Some here have suggested using Plasti-Dip to seal the battery case, since it's not sealed. I'm going to go the extra step and put some silicone around where the wire meets up with the battery, then once that's dry, dip the whole thing in Plasti-Dip to seal it all completely. I'm also going to use some silicone grease I have for my pool to apply to the O-rings inside the light to make them more water resistant as well.
Bottomline:
For this price, what is there to think about? It's an incredibly bright light, has excellent battery life on one charge, is small and lightweight, water resistant, and very easy to use. Thanks to my busy schedule, I usually ride in total darkness. Having a good light is obviously very important. This fits the bill easily, and I'm very glad I bought it. I've also recommended it to friends. It's just that good.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections