DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire T6 Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode 900-Lumen White LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
XML-T6 bright, excellent throw – T6 Water Resistant XML-T6 3-Mode 930-Lumen White LED Bike Light with Battery Pack Set Reviews

posted by Johnit on 09/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
at this pricepoint, nothing can match it for performance. Excellent throw.
Cons:
Battery pack not interchangeable with Magicshine - HAIII different electrical connectors. Spill too limited i.e. the focus is too narrow and too little light for the area outside center of the beam. An orange peel reflector would rectify this easily.
The power cable feeds from the front of the light instead of the back; inconvenient position.
light switch cap is only faintly illuminated, so it is not as easy to find the switch as on competing products.
My unit worked well on arrival, but soon developed a problem that it will not switch on, except a brief flash of less than a second. This is before I even had an attempt to test it on the bike.
Other:
Design differs from the popular Magicshine series. The aluminium head of the light is slightly longer.
Could do without the stobe mode.
Bottomline:
If reliability issues can be fixed, this is a winner. A slightly different reflector would make it more suitable for mountain biking.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections