Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month
1. the resolution is good in daylight.
2. the usb charging cable is long, this suits me to put the cable around the rear view mirror, behind the passengers sun visor, then down to the usb socket.
3. the build quality is solid and the windscreen mount is very strong.
4. the audio quality was fine, it recorded my conversation in the car and was clear enough to understand.
5. It recycles old videos, allowing continuous recording.
1. low light / night time driving recordings are not great. Don't expect to get a good image of another cars registration plate.
2. the usb cable only charges, you need a usb card reader to access your videos.
This annoys me.
3. On my first use of the camera, the battery only lasted 55 minutes and there was NO audio warning
that the battery ran out. This is far short of the
4 hours promised, but I've only tested it once.
5. the camera is very visible in the windscreen.
While this is okay while driving, I always take the dashcam down when parked to avoid it being robbed.
6. There's no audio warning that the battery is low or that it's turning itself off.
When plugged into the cigarette socket, it will start to record when the engine is turned on. But it turns itself off when the engine is stopped. There's no warning that it does this.
You must wait until it turns off, then manually start recording again when parked.
Needs to improve the low level lighting performance.
The glare of street lights, other cars headlights and poor ISO sensitivity means it's barely adequate to record at night time.
I don't drive that often at night time, so overall I'm happy enough with this.
I have a 16GB TF card in it, so that would store maybe 8 hours of driving I guess.
Audio quality is good, so you can call out registration numbers and it records them.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.