View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Good Lens Rear Cap, So-so body cap... – Camera Body and Lens Rear Cap for Nikon Reviews

posted by aaron915 on 05/23/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
The lens rear cap fits well and is made of good quality plastic. The 'Nikon' logo appears on both the front and rear caps and looks somewhat authentic.
Cons:
As other reviewers have mentioned the body cap fits very tightly and requires some force to attach to the camera. If you apply enough force as you turn the body cap it does seem to fit properly, but this cap might cause damage to the Nikon F-Mount on your camera if you use it repeatedly or with too much force.
Other:
If the body cap was better designed I would give this item 5 stars, however the item I received contained a very good lens rear cap and a slightly problematic body cap.
Bottomline:
The price for this item is significantly cheaper than the original Nikon product, and the body cap might make a usable pinhole lens as other users here have suggested. In the country where I live an original Nikon lens rear cap costs approximately US$3.50 so I still consider this item a decent value, regardless of the build quality of the body cap.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections