• Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
2 weeks in Africa – BRS-8 Multi-Functional Oil/Gas Stove Reviews

posted by beveik on 03/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
decent quality metal construction of stove, small, takes little space, has extra parts and tools for maintenance included. It's a bit hard to say anything objective since this was my first portable stove, but i could cook, boil my water for two weeks with mostly* no problems. I used these 46241 pots together with this stove (the only good thing i can say about them - they are light).
Cons:
that metal wire which was meant for cleaning the heating pipe. It jammed and i couldn't take it out so the fuel could't get through. The bag was too small and it was pain in the ass to fit all the stuff inside it. There also was a leakage of gasoline where metal tube connects to stove.
Other:
since i had only a small bag to carry inside the plane, the stove was always an issue during 6 checking procedures in airport. It was ok first when it wasn't used, but during flight back it was confiscated in Londons Gatwick airport. They took it all saying, that some gasoline might be left in the stove itself..
Bottomline:
The issue with wire jamming inside the pipe could be might fault, since i might have pushed the tip of the wire inside the pipe by accident. But still it shouldnt be so easy to jam the thing. It wasn't smart of me to take this thing to such a trip without getting to know it better first. This was a good lesson. Next year i'm coming back to continue, but i will take something that could last 5 months usage without such problems.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections