View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
A good led light for instrument panels – T5 DC 12V Vehicle White-LED Bulb Lamp Reviews

posted by olavxxx on 05/28/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
Cheap
Compact
Nice color of the light
Good light strength
Cons:
There are two types of this led.. eg. one type is small and other is large. I bought 10 sets and I got about half of them the small ones (look at product pictures I have posted)
Other:
I retrofitted theese lights in my cars bulb-sockets, so I can run the white leds in the instrumentcluster.
The OEM lights are very expensive, also they wear out faster than leds... So, I thought it could be fun to do this mod.
I did it today :-) and it works like a charm.
If you want to use the bulbs in a cluster, like I did, remember to matte the leds, so they are no longer clear.. eg. use a scissor or something and scrape the entire led :-) takes about 1 minute per led, but it gives you a much more foggy light.
ps do not do that if you intend to light up a large space.. however, I would not use this in the cieling of the car, as it will be too weak.
You can however use it:
* in a pc
* in the instrument panel
* dashboard parts, knobs, etc.
Bottomline:
It's a good product, but if you know you need the large size, you might want to order more than 1 set, so you have a lrger chance of attaining the large size leds.
Same goes if you need the small ones.
maybe one could email dealextreme and say what size they want.
However, for me, its not a problem.
Oh, yes.. the leds come in pairs!!!
So, the 10 pairs was way more than I needed, lol....

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections