DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.8" LCD 160W Hi-Fi Stereo MP3 Player Amplifier with FM/SD/USB for Car - Blue (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 4
Over rated output (of course) Nice sound – 1.8" LCD 160W Hi-Fi Stereo MP3 Player Amplifier with FM/SD/USB for Car - Blue (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by damilkman on 09/13/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The sound and size of this unit are very good. It is easy to conceal under the dash of my classic car to keep the original look. good fm reception and it reads SD MP3s very well. The remote works well and is easy to use. I plays loud enough to hear it at highway speeds with the top down.
Cons:
The manual says 20 watts rms per channel not 80. The display is LED not LCD. The pcb for the tuner and card reader are factory built and clean but the power section is some of the worst I have ever seen. It has a single Mos trans for power witch is okay but the solder joints were very poor. The unit was bent and distorted upon arrival. The bass, treble, and on/off volume knobs were jammed and needed repair before use.
Other:
It looks like some one is using these as training for better things later. I know the gamble with this sort of thing and it is not always worth it. If you don't have time to fix it, don't buy it. If you don't mind tinkering, it is a good deal.
Bottomline:
Good sound. Poor quality manufacturing.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections