DX  » Community » Reviews » 60-Lumen 16-LED White Light Bivouac Hiking Camping Lantern Light (3 x AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Sturdy and bright lantern that looks good – 60-Lumen 16-LED White Light Bivouac Hiking Camping Lantern Light (3 x AA) Reviews

posted by inielsen on 06/09/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
* It is very sturdy: Good aluminum, well processed. * The light spread is even! Good diffuser. * Very bright (note that it falls off very quickly - as all unfocused light sources does). * Uses AA batteries.
Cons:
* The diffuser is bright and blinding. This is unavoidable, but a friend I showed it to complained that he was unable to ignore it. I don't mind (because, how else are you going to make a lantern??) * The diodes have a slightly cold light (I would prefer a warmer light during nighttime) * No feet, may fall over easily.
Other:
It looks very good. That was the main reason I choose it. I also like that it does not have multiple purposes. E.g. we need a flashlight and lantern at the same time, so even if it could do both, we would still need to bring both a flashlight and a lantern anyway.
Bottomline:
Sturdy and bright. A good looking single-purpose lantern.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections