DX  » Community » Reviews » Ezcap EZTV645 DVB-T Digital TV USB 2.0 Dongle with FM/DAB/Remote Controller
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
Really good! – Ezcap EZTV668 DVB-T Digital TV USB 2.0 Dongle with FM/DAB/Remote Controller Reviews

posted by giomasce on 05/04/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It just works. I had some trouble finding the working drivers for Linux. There are many repos around and I could finally make it work seamlessly with http://gitorious.org/rtl2832/rtl2832 (the chipset is RTL2832 as declared in the specs). The little included antenna proved to be better than I expected, and I can receive all TVs with it (but I live in a very good zone for receaving TV).
Cons:
Nothing particularly. The plastic casing isn't very good, but there no strong need for anything terrribly robust.
Other:
One of my preferred features is the antenna connector, which is compatible with the antennas most frequently found in Italy, where I live. The Linux driver suggested above is able to dump the whole DVB-T stream (not only the channel you're watching), which is interesting if you want to record the whole tuned mux.
Bottomline:
It definitely worth its price! :-)

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections