• Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Good, Versatile Charger – DSD 18650 CR123A Charger Black Reviews

posted by cam94z28 on 06/21/2007 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
As others have said "This Just Works." It's pretty foolproof, and works very well on UnProtected LIR RCR123A's. I have tried purposely inserting fully charged, or very slightly drained batteries, and the light stays green (not charging) so it is a fairly "smart" charger.
Cons:
Charge time could be a little faster. It is still a fast charger, but I was hoping for under an hour on two 123A's. The connector on the charger is very stiff, and I could see it breaking with repeated unplugging/plugging. To prolong life, I leave the wire connected to the charger, and unplug from the wall when batteries are removed. Needs better identification of (-) and (+) tabs. Have to look closely at starter since they are the same color and etched in the plastic.
Other:
A RED light is shown when charging, turns to GREEN when charged. Alternating, Flashing RED/GREEN when there is a problem, or power is connected with no batteries in the charger.
Bottomline:
Haven't tried on other battery types, but should work with any 3.6 or 3.7 volt Li-Ion battery that will fit (some may require spacers). Very happy for the price paid. Comparable name brands cost $30+ and aren't as good.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections