DX  » Community » Reviews » Portable Folding Solar Emergency Charger Pack w/ Charging Adapters for Cell Phone/Headlamp + More
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8310 (83%)
  • 4 Star:172 (17%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A great purchase that can really save you

posted by nuflood on 10/27/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Comes in a hard case. It is very compact and nicly built. Comes with a few adapters. Works great in the Israeli sun to give a quick charge. Also very easy to use. Just open and spread the panels facing the sun and connect the battery or phone. Charging star...
    Cons:
    Thought the panels would be bigger and the cable longer.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    so good!

posted by allanbarros on 09/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - All panels can be moved by detaching all stuff and putting where you want to charge your cellphone and so on. - I will adapt the panel solar to be using in my arduino board. - You can easly disassemble and plug a rechargeable battery to save some energy
    Cons:
    -If the weather is so cloudy the solar panel will spent more time to charge some cellphone. - Don't have rechargeable battery i...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very useful thing!

posted by Kejunut on 07/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Lite weight; Good box, will be safe in tourist bachpack; Works very good: in summer suny day (Russia) my little old Nokia charge to 100% in 2 hours; big Zopo with full HD screen needs many hours, but also charging. Charging little phones even in cloudy weat...
    Cons:
    For storing energy needs a power bank, but its not rly a cons Built quality of adaptors seems not perfect.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product for charging even Android phones

posted by geshabeli on 05/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The solar charger has no internal battery, well made and foldable into one box. It has no parts which can fail from long usagein my opinion, and is well better than batteries with solar panels on them. It does charge my HTC Desire Z phone. It does not charg...
    Cons:
    The box is big, not very compact
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great

posted by trygve55 on 04/20/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good for the price. Got 0.5A inn strong sunlight. Great build quality. A controller circuit is stabilizing the voltage at 5.25V. Many adapters. I like that it's easy to open the casing of the solar panel.
    Cons:
    The cable from the board on the solar panels had the polarity inverted, so I needed to cut open the cable from the board and sw...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good solar charger, to last for years!

posted by sebastianlezica on 02/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good!. We search for a solar panel without battery, and this one is the best found. Come with a hard case, well finished (for the price), and with a couple of adapters for common devices. Really we like a adapter without battery for "store and forget&q...
    Cons:
    Maybe the cable quality, I guess in some time we need to replace (easy). And the cable can have more length, because the panel ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very light and easy to use

posted by rolsite on 01/03/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This product really works, but is slow to charge. Can charge my Samsung Galaxy SII in one day with strong sunlight. Better to use with a power bank battery cell (dx also sells). I have one 6000 mAh power bank that recharge in 2~3 days with strong sunlight.
    Cons:
    Portable fold is slow to charge anything, even receiving strong sunlight.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A good solution for those who have no access to long grid.

posted by Galinap on 12/17/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good product. Robust packaging does not make it easy to damage the panel. Often go to the mountains, and they have the ability to charge cell phones, cameras and GPS. Excellent job of charging mobile phones for 2-3 hours, camera in 4 hours, 2 AA batteries f...
    Cons:
    film, which is on the cover absorbs 10-15% of the light. When used without the cover gives 10-15% more energy. This is importan...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Bom produto

posted by vaniohp on 10/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to use, a product that can be transported anywhere, practical, complies with the 5.25 Volts sun in southern Brazil, you do not need to open all parties so that the charger needs work. even a child can operate the product. Wanting to travel to beach or ...
    Cons:
    Do not have come with a rechargeable battery.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product for tourists

posted by Yar476 on 08/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to use product, good build quality, large number of power adapters can charge any device. In bright sunlight charging my Motorola Defy+ from 30% charge to 100% for 3 hours.
    Cons:
    In poor lighting conditions may discharged your device. Needs a little refinement to include the circuit of the diode. Any othe...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections