DX  » Community » Reviews » MEIKE 5500K 32-LED White Macro Ring Flash Light for Nikon DSLR (4 x AA)
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:756 (75%)
  • 4 Star:252 (25%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great macro flash

posted by 1234armitt on 02/18/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Suits my need for close-up small product photography at a fraction of the price of the big name product. I use a Nikon DSLR and have been getting great results with this. It produces an amazingly high light source which means stopping down quite a bit more ...
    Cons:
    I have not experienced any faults. Lack of detailed instruction manual (as usual with DX items)
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect and nice to have

posted by mayphilippe on 11/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    price quality different posibilities (flash, continious light, intensity) different adapter rings Cheap!!! It helps a lot in macro photography without a macro lens Nice to go to a musea en make a quick picture without a lot of fotography stuff easy to use
    Cons:
    not found at the moment some more explanations in the user manual, this one is very short
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good

posted by deivisonamaral on 04/02/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap!!! It helps a lot in macro photography. It is decent considering as a flash and, of course, considering the price. You can use it when shooting movies. Cheap!!! It helps a lot in macro photography. It is decent considering as a flash and, of course, c...
    Cons:
    does not shine as much as I expected. Cheap!!! It helps a lot in macro photography. It is decent considering as a flash and, o...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    EXCELENTE PRECIO Y APLICACION

posted by RICKHUNNTER on 03/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    FACIL DE USAR, MUY COMPLETO EL KIT, Y A BUEN PRECIO, LA FUNCION DE LUZ CONTINUA TRABAJA MUY BIEN, EL MENU ES MUY FACIL DE USAR, SE ADAPTA BIEN A DISTINTOS LENTES,
    Cons:
    NO SINCRONIZA CON LA CAMARA, EN DISTINTAS VELOCIDADES, SOLO A UNA VELOCIDAD Y NO TIENE LOS 3 PINS EN LA BASE QUE SE CONECTA CON...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    nice ring flash for a good price

posted by eljonas on 10/02/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This device is easy to use, works perfect on my Nikon D5000. Buttons are easy to understand and work smooth. Good to be able to use left and right side separately to avoid and make shadows.
    Cons:
    The light is pretty blue. I guess I should have understood that when reading 5500K but I did not. If you want blue, this is the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good buy for close-up work

posted by McCabre on 03/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - It's very cheap compared to other ring-flashes on the market. - It gives enough light for your macro-needs. - It's got a continous-light option for when it's too dark to focus. - You can choose to light from one of the sides, good for when you want to ...
    Cons:
    - The box was pretty damaged when it arrived. The flash was ok though. - The adapter-rings of plastic seems a little flimsy.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    fc100

posted by tajpeh on 03/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Ultra easy of use, just select appropriate front lens adapter, select light mode and shoot, if you have it turned on.
    Cons:
    Buttons are well placed, everything works, left flash, right flash, flash, ring light ......
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good macro ring lens, very flexible

posted by rene2 on 12/06/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Ultra easy of use, just select appropriate front lens adapter, select light mode and shoot, if you have it turned on, TTL metering will work ok, some intensity levels to choose from, uses inexpensive batteries, produces bright light, with no unexpected shad...
    Cons:
    The "set" button appears to do nothing, its impossible (for me) to elucidate what is this button for (even trying at ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections